Sunday, June 21, 2009

How To Approach Web Masters to get writing projects?

Many times, many of my friends ask me how do you get these writing projects? I simply say, there is no set formula to get work. I just simply look for opportunities everyday. There are many websites which advertise freelance writing gigs.

Elance, GetAFreelancer, Guru, ODesk are some of the sites from where I got projects. I make a search on these portals. Also, I have posted my resume on the Job portals. Sometimes, employers too approach me on their own. One, it is not easy to get the call from any employer. Second, even if you get call, it is not always easy to get the project in your kitty. It is difficult to get any project on the job boards, where you have to compete with other writers. But it is not impossible. After all most of the freelancers are making their living by getting project from these sites. I have got many steady clients from these sites. Only thing is you have bid right with perfect writing samples.

Another thing, once you get the project, put all your heart and soul to make your writing a success, even if you are ghost writing. It goes long way in maintaing relatioanship with your client.

So to sum it up, you need to be hard skinned to get few first projects. Apply with your samples, be ready for rejections and if you get it, complete it with all your dedication and please always follow deadline as it is very important.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vandana...you have very interesting experiences to share. I was wondering if you would like to write a post describing your journey for IFW? You are welcome to share any pre-written posts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one. As a blogger for last 4 years I can understand your situtaion. Whenever you get time try to visit http://corporatejungles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete