Thursday, April 2, 2009

working as a full time content writer

Once I decided to write professionally. I was ready for my research work. I decided to write as a content writer. Though it was not so easy to write professionally but I succeeded anyway! I took baby steps, one at a time. When you take baby steps, you are sure not hurt yourself. I wanted to work and also did not want to spend money too. Neither I had a mentor, but I had my will power to do what I wanted.

I started reading content from the various websites about various topics. I read lots of content writing sites. I develpoed my resume as a content writer and applied to content companies for the position of content writer.

I instantly started getting calls. It was a huge boost for my confidence. Then I started going to interviews. These were not just interviews rather a series of tests which I took. These tests were all about English language knowledge, logical thinking and vocabulary. Most of the times I passed my written tests. After rejection at one or two places I finally got the job of a content writer in a reputed company. I just talked about rejections, but I do not take them as rejections. These were the stepping stones as they taught me lot about the practicle aspects in the field of content writer.

1 comment:

  1. Very well written, Vandana, you have a good command on the writing .
    In fact, your story can motivate newcomers and other stay-at-home mothers who do not want to leave their families for a office job but at the same time want to contribute to this world also.

    Heads off to you!!!

    ReplyDelete